As we continue to navigate the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our employees and their families remains our highest priority.
Need medical care?
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
All company-sponsored Anthem plans cover COVID-19 screenings and testing requested by a physician, including the visit and associated lab testing at an emergency or urgent care setting or medical office, at no cost to you. This includes COVID-19 testing at alternative testing locations, such as a drive-thru testing center. Like all emergency services, an out-of-network provider will be covered as if you were treated by an in-network provider.*
If you are enrolled in a Kaiser plan, COVID-19 screenings and testing including the visit and associated lab testing are covered at no cost to you when performed at a Kaiser hospital, Kaiser emergency or urgent care setting, or Kaiser medical office.
If a you or your covered dependents are diagnosed with COVID-19, all ongoing treatment will be subject to the applicable in-network or out-of-network deductibles, co-pays, and/or coinsurance for your Anthem or Kaiser plan.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 services, please contact Anthem at 1-855-702-1127 or Kaiser at 1-800-464-4000.
Virtual Care for Anthem Members
Sydney Care. Anthem’s Sydney Care mobile app can help you and your covered dependents assess your symptoms and potential risk for COVID-19 from the comfort and safety of home. If needed, the app will automatically connect you to a doctor through a LiveHealth Online video chat session. Download the app for free in the App Store or on Google Play.
LiveHealth Online. To support telehealth usage and prevent the spread of infection, all LiveHealth Online visits for you and your covered dependents will be covered at no extra cost through December 31, 2020.
Provider telehealth services. If your provider is offering telehealth services by phone or video, Anthem is waiving cost-sharing on in-network provider visits through December 31, 2020.
Need to fill a prescription?
Express Scripts, which provides prescription drug services for all Anthem plans, offers a convenient alternative to in-person visits to your local pharmacy for long-term maintenance medications (prescription drugs taken regularly for ongoing conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol). With home delivery services, you can order up to a 90-day supply delivered directly to your home in a confidential, tamper-evident, weather-resistant package, with free standard shipping. You make fewer trips to the pharmacy, and you typically save money by getting one 90-day supply through mail order compared to three 30-day supplies at a retail pharmacy.
To get started, review the member guide and log on to express-scripts.com. Orders are usually processed by Express Scripts within 48 hours from when you submit your order online, and your medication should be delivered within eight days. On rare occasions, first-time mail orders may take up to 14 days. Please have a one-month supply of your medication on hand when you place your order in case of any delays.
If you have any questions, please contact Express Scripts at 1-855-778-1424.
Have commuter benefits?
As many of you continue to work remotely, you may have questions about your Transportation Spending Account benefit elections. WageWorks, our Transportation Spending Account vendor, has assembled a response team and is working closely with all transit and parking providers to accommodate you. At this time:
- Regular established pass return and refund policies remain in effect. If you need to make changes to your commuter benefit, you have until the 4th day of the month prior to the month you want it changed.
- If and when transit and parking providers make changes to their policies in response to COVID-19, we will work with WageWorks to extend those to you. For the most up-to-date refund policies from the transit and parking providers please visit WageWorks' coronavirus website.
- If you elected to receive your transit or parking benefits on your WageWorks debit card, the funds do not expire and you can access them at a later date.
Looking for more information?
Below are everyday health practices recommended by the CDC to help prevent infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover your mouth, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
The latest information from the CDC can be found in their Twitter feed:
Please note that COVID-19 outbreaks evolve quickly and recommendations from public health officials may change frequently as new information becomes available. Please check the following resources regularly for additional and/or updated information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration