What You Need to Know
Navigating the health care system can be frustrating. That’s why Health Advocate is available to do the heavy lifting for you! Health Advocate is an independent outside patient advocacy service to help you navigate the complexities of the health care system, offering help with the clinical choices and administrative processes involved in health care.
Understanding Health Advocate
Health Advocate helps you juggle the everyday challenges of the health care system. When you reach out, you’re set up with a Personal Health Advocate (typically a registered nurse) and a team of support staff, including benefits and claims specialists and medical directors. They’re all there to work on your behalf to:
- Find the right doctors, dentists, specialists, and other providers
- Schedule health-related appointments
- Arrange tests and treatments
- Answer questions about test results, treatments, and medications
- Resolve coverage denials and required approvals
- Negotiate payment arrangements with providers
- Locate in-home care, adult day care, assisted living, and long-term care
- And more!
Plus, your visit is confidential. You, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependent children, your parents, and your parents-in-law are all eligible to use Health Advocate.
Get help on the go!
You can contact Health Advocate 24/7, at no cost to you! Download the mobile app today so you have it when you need it.