What You Need to Know
Taking care of your eyes—particularly regular eye exams—is essential to your overall health. For most people, vision problems and eye diseases can be easily corrected or treated if caught early. A regular eye exam allows your doctor to detect trouble spots before the damage is untreatable.
Your vision plan, administered by VSP Vision Care, provides benefits for:
- Eye exams
- Eyeglass lenses
- Contact lenses
Here’s how the plan works:
- You can choose from a nationwide network of vision care providers.
- When you use in-network providers, you pay less.
- You can choose to use an out-of-network provider, but you’ll have to pay the provider the full cost and then submit a claim for reimbursement.
- You have access to discounts on lens coating, tints, progressive lenses, laser eye surgery, and more.
How much you pay depends on the service you receive and whether you use a network provider. For more details on what’s covered, see the vision benefit summary.
(once every calendar year)
|$25 co-pay||Up to a $45 reimbursement|
|Single-Vision Lenses*||$25 co-pay||Up to a $45 reimbursement|
|Lined Bifocal Lenses*||$25 co-pay||Up to a $65 reimbursement|
|Lined Trifocal Lenses*||$25 co-pay||Up to a $85 reimbursement|
|Frames*||$130 allowance||Up to a $47 reimbursement|
|Contact Lenses: Necessary†||$25 co-pay||Up to a $210 reimbursement|
|Contact Lenses: Elective†||$130 allowance||Up to a $105 reimbursement|
† Once every 24 months in lieu of lenses and frames.
Find a Vision Provider
You save money when you see an in-network provider. To find a provider:
- Go to the VSP “Find a Doctor” tool.
- Search by location, hours, services, products, and more.